These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Profitstrategy Lda, the company that runs Houseberry ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
We take security seriously at Houseberry. Not only do we adhere to the highest industry standards, we continually update our security practices to ensure your information is safe.
This policy (together with our Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our rent and property deposit payment service that monitors rent and deposit transactions (the "Service"), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
When you use Houseberry’s services, all the information you send and receive is transmitted securely over HTTPS (look for the green bar in your browser to confirm).
To protect your privacy, we limit the amount of sensitive data we store on our servers. When we do store financial information, we encrypt and protect that data on secure servers.
We designed and built all our systems with multiple levels of security, and we manage them according to industry best practices. Our hosting provider maintains world-class facilities that are certified to the highest levels of physical and virtual security.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by accessing our website https://houseberry.io ("site"), by using the Service or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include:
- Name, address and email address;
- Date of birth
- Bank account information
- Information we collect about you: We may collect, store and use the following information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the site or the Service:
- Your visits to and use of the site or the Service (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version);
- Internet Service Provider;
- Operating system;
- Referral source/exit pages;
- Length of visit;
- Page views; and
- Website navigation and search terms that you use.
- Information we receive from other sources: We receive the following personal information about you from our third party service providers (such as account aggregation providers and direct debit providers) who assist us in providing some or all of the Service:
- Financial information (including bank account details, balances and transactions); and
- Information related to our know your customer checks.
MANGOPAY helps us to provide the Service by providing you with an e-wallet. We will transfer your data to MANGOPAY as part of the MANGOPAY service. MANGOPAY will be a data processor of your data for the purposes of the Act. You also agree and grant MANGOPAY permission to pass your data to its own sub-contractors and partners when this data is necessary for MANGOPAY to fulfil its legal and regulatory obligations as an issuer of electronic money.
When you use Houseberry, you own and control your information. We limit access to your information whenever possible. Houseberry landlords must verify their identities before receiving payments.
All Houseberry employees receive thorough training before accessing customer data. We share information securely with trusted third parties only when needed—to provide services, prevent fraud, and meet legal requirements.
Keep Yourself Safe
Even though we review every financial transaction for fraud, we recommend only sending payments to people you know. The same goes for sharing your information. If you have any questions or concerns about safety or security, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take security seriously and we appreciate your help in notifying us of vulnerabilities in a responsible manner. If you are a security researcher and have found a potential security vulnerability in our systems, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will not share any of your personal bank account information with any third party. Any personal bank account information (such as account number and sort code) is stored and encrypted in our database using symmetric cryptography. We do not hold any of your personal bank login information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Profitstrategy Lda (Houseberry) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Such technology can improve your experience of using a website, for example, by remembering your preference settings and tracking your use of a website so that it can be improved to meet your needs.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by communicating to us via our site.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.